Cockpit Atheist

Monday, January 23, 2012

Graduating...from Tumblr

I guess I'll start with the basics:
  • I am an atheist.
  • I am in the Air Force.
While I do not fly, my service of choice is known more for its fortifications in the sky than it is for the one's it maintains on the ground. Therefore, I am the CockpitAtheist.

This is not to be confused with the great deity of Greek chicken sandwiches: Cock-Pita (although, when pressed, I will admit His existence and am therefore, very much a Cock-Pita Theist).

So far in my tenure on the interwebs, I have migrated from social platform to social platform trying to find a niche that fits my personality and allows me to gloss over the narcissism I think it takes to keep a blog (that's a story for another time).

I started in 2004 in Xanga. Who didn't have a Xanga, right? I imagine people still use it, but, like many blog sites, its use, and my interest in it, faded because it didn't evolve with the internet. I never got into LiveJournal or MySpace very much, and Facebook was a bit too personal to use for serious journaling.

For the brief time I used Tumblr, I liked it. However, I felt very restrictive in what I could post and how I could post content. Maybe I just don't know what I'm doing, but it's far too cookie cutter for me. I want a place where I can post articles, quotes, and a video all in one post without some crazy ass formatting. With that, I am cutting the hand-holding, blogging-umbilical cord and setting out into the world of faceless thoughts expressed behind the wall of the internet:

Hello World.
Hello Blogger.

Now the question is can I easily cross-post from Tumblr? Because as much as I despise its setup, there is a lot of exposure to be had on that forsaken site. We shall see...

No comments:

Post a Comment